In response to that Executive Order, OSHA posed 17 Requests For Information (RFI's) to the oil, gas, and chemical industries in order to identify potential updates to the PSM standard. Some of those RFI's were:
- Eliminating the PSM Exemption for Atmospheric Storage Tanks;
- Inclusion of Oil and Gas-Well Drilling and Servicing in PSM;
- Updating the List of Highly Hazardous Chemicals in Appendix A of the PSM Standard;
- Defining RAGAGEP for Employers;
- Expansion of Mechanical Integrity to Any Safety-Critical Equipment;
- Overhauling the Auditing Requirements in Paragraph (o) of the PSM Standard; and
- Updating the Flammable Liquid and Spray Finishing Standards.
Listed below are updates to the PSM standards already completed in response to the Executive Order:
- Clarifying interpretations on chemicals without concentrations in Appendix A;
- Defining RAGAGEP;
- Issuing a memorandum revising the PSM retail exemption; and
- Publishing FAQs on the revised retail exemption.