Welcome to the Team
Cognascents welcomes Charles Anderson to the team!
I grew up in Boulder, Colorado, and graduated from Colorado School of Mines in 2007. I started my engineering career at Boulder Scientific and moved to Houston in 2012 to work for AkzoNobel as a process engineer. It was here in Houston that I met my beautiful wife, Brooke, a native Houstonian. We were married in February of 2017 and in January 2018 we welcomed a beautiful little girl, Reagan, into our lives. In my free time, I enjoy flying drones, hiking, camping, and various other outdoor activities.
Prior to joining Cognascents, I was the engineering and maintenance manager at Akzo where I was responsible for the PSM, asset integrity, reliability-based maintenance programs and CAPEX project execution. I am excited to be a part of the Cognascents team and look forward to serving our clients.
There is a crucial difference between looking at your P&IDs and reading your P&IDs. Try to ask yourself some of the following questions the next time you read your P&IDs:
- Do the valves, lines, equipment, & instrumentation match the legend?
- Do lines leaving one P&ID connect properly to the next P&ID (line size, line name, line description, and P&ID numbers)?
- Does each manual valve, control valve, instrument, and PSV have a unique tag?
- Are flow arrows oriented in the proper direction?
- Are equipment blocks fully filled out?
- Are regulators oriented in the proper direction?
- Are bypass valves shown as normally closed?
- Is the P&ID spaced reasonably and is the P&ID readable?
We Need Your Help
We are listening!
Because our client's needs are constantly changing, we are looking for better ways to serve. We've built a quick, easy-to-answer survey to analyze your current PSM situation. We would appreciate your input!
Click here to complete our survey. Those who provide insight by completing the survey will be entered into a prize drawing to be held Wednesday morning of April 26th at the 14th Global Congress on Process Safety in Orlando. The winner will receive a DJI Spark Fly More Combo white drone. You don't have to be present to win. Help us help you!
If you're in Orlando for the GCPS, stop by our booth, 607. As usual, we'll have our ever-popular table game for your enjoyment and will be available to discuss any challenges you may be facing in your facility this year. We hope to see you next week!