Cognascents is looking for entry level assistant engineers interested in the mechanical integrity of chemical and oil and gas facilities. Bachelor’s degree is required preferably with mechanical or chemical engineering degrees but equivalent degrees will also be considered. In this position, the assistant engineers will work with a strong team that will review, plan, coordinate, execute, and evaluate the integrity and integrity management of a facility. You will have the opportunity to learn from senior engineers, use cutting edge tools and technology, enhance your knowledge of facility equipment integrity programs and operation, travel for field execution, and have an opportunity for career growth.
Essential Job Function:
- Perform integrity assessments for pressure equipment and related facility equipment;
- Perform reliability and integrity assessments for rotating equipment;
- Implement and execute integrity programs for facilities onshore and offshore;
- Review and analyze inspection results;
- Perform risk assessments based on available information;
- Perform engineering analysis to applicable codes, standards, and accepted practice;
- Manage day-to-day tasks for the customers and internal project teams;
- Manage client interface and lead client facing meetings;
- Perform data gathering and field capture of information necessary to the successful completion of the assessments;
- Perform field inspections and integrity reviews;
- Work with cutting edge engineering and asset integrity software;
- Organize and gather process and piping drawing information;
- Work for and support other team members and engineering personnel with specific project tasks.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent from accredited university;
- Relocation assistance will not be provided;
- 0-5 years of integrity related experience in any combination of the upstream, midstream, refining, and chemicals industries;
- Proficiency in inspection, integrity engineering, and pressure equipment design or related mechanical engineering related topics;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Solid Works or other comparable process simulation software, and Adobe Acrobat;
- Data analytics and computational analytics experience is a plus;
- Proficiency in writing and speaking English;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
Must be able to travel outside of the greater Houston area 20% of the year. Most travel will be 3-4 days in duration; however, circumstances will include two week lengths as well.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary (negotiable);
- Medical benefits and monthly wellness allowance;
- Simple IRA savings plan;
- Paid volunteer time;
- 9-80 work schedule.
The Cognascents Consulting Group, Inc. is a risk management and business consulting company based in Houston, Texas. We help people and organizations in the energy and chemical industries achieve competitive sustainability through customer-focused risk management and business solutions that leverage our rare combination of technical problem solving skills and sharp business acumen.