Cognascents is seeking an entry level Process Engineer for full-time employment. The position will be based out of Houston, Texas.
Essential Job Function:
- Process simulation – steady state or dynamic, for oil and gas and petrochemical industries, using Aspen Plus®, HYSYS etc;
- Integrate process simulation with pressure relief design and P&IDs;
- Pressure relief and flare header design and analysis – design of new pressure relief systems and/or resolve existing pressure relief system inadequacies;
- Apply Inherently Safer (IS) design principles to reduce existing or projected hazards;
- Process Safety Management (PSM) optimization, consistent with OSHA 1910.119;
- PFD and P&ID development and reconciliation;
- Piping design and/or 3D modeling;
- Economic analysis, feasibility and conceptual studies and utility system design;
- Process optimization, product quality and energy optimization studies;
- Deliver models to simulate processes, perform quick flash calculations and optimize unit operation performance;
- Perform Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and take part in facilitation and execution of PHAs at plant and engineering design level.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering degree from accredited college or university;
- Candidates should be local and live in Greater Houston area;
- Proficiency in relief valve sizing and flare system design;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Aspen/Hysys or other comparable process simulation software, and Adobe Acrobat;
- Proficiency in writing and speaking English;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
Must be able to travel outside of the greater Houston area 20% of the year. Most travel will be 3-4 days in duration; however, circumstances will include two week lengths as well.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary (negotiable);
- Medical benefits and monthly wellness allowance;
- Simple IRA savings plan;
- Paid volunteer time;
- 9-80 work schedule.
The Cognascents Consulting Group, Inc. is a risk management and business consulting company based in Houston, Texas. We help people and organizations in the energy and chemical industries achieve competitive sustainability through customer-focused risk management and business solutions that leverage our rare combination of technical problem solving skills and sharp business acumen.