Cognascents is seeking a Junior Process Safety Engineer. The ideal candidate would be available to start in December 2020 and be experienced in PHAs. The position will be based out of Houston, Texas.
Essential Job Function:
- Be client-facing, having a proven record of building and maintaining positive and professional client relationships;
- Read technical and engineering drawings;
- Read and interpret P&IDs, equipment datasheets, Cause and Effect charts, SAFE charts, Instrument diagrams, etc.;
- Prepare, scribe, and write reports for Process Hazard Analysis (HAZOP, LOPA, What-If, FMEA, HAZID);
- Manage data using MS Office products with strong typing skills;
- Understand and comply with all Cognascents and client safety procedures that govern the work being performed; and
- Assist with process safety and risk management consulting.
Knowledge and Experience:
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering degree from accredited college or university;
- Experience using PHA-Pro and AE Facilitator;
- 2-3 years of process safety or process engineering experience in the upstream, downstream, LNG, or specialty chemicals industry;
- Polished oral and written communication skills;
- Technical competence and creative problem solving skills; and
- Strong attention to detail.
Travel requirements vary throughout the year, but no more than 25% travel is anticipated.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Medical benefits and monthly wellness allowance;
- Simple IRA savings plan;
- Paid volunteer time; and
- 9-80 work schedule.
Cognascents is an established multi-disciplinary engineering organization with expertise across the
energy and chemical spectrums.
For over a decade, we have provided process engineering, process safety, risk management, asset
integrity, and technical business solutions. We work with leading organizations by perpetually seeking
ways to address their technical challenges and leveraging our deep functional and industry expertise.
We offer insight, share perspectives, and engage in ongoing dialogue to advance our industry and give
back to our community.
At Cognascents, we believe that authentic awareness and relentless achievement are cardinal to the
pursuit of integrity, balance, and transcendence. We pledge unwavering loyalty to our employees,
clients, and community and strive for the greatest familial, patriotic, and environmental relevance.