Cognascents is seeking a Pressure Relief/Process Engineer for full-time employment. The position will be based out of Houston, Texas.
Essential Job Function:
- Perform overpressure analysis for relief valve sizing and flare system design efforts;
- Support process design scope of work for capital projects;
- Develop and manipulate heat and material balances;
- Perform flash calculations;
- Perform hydraulic calculations;
- Develop process safety information in accordance with Process Safety Management mandate 1910.119;
- Design and develop solutions to identified relief valve and flare system vulnerabilities;
- Manage client interface and lead client-facing meetings.
Applicants should meet the following minimum requirements:
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering degree from accredited college or university;
- Candidates should be local and live in Greater Houston area;
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of process or chemical engineering experience in any combination of the upstream, midstream, refining, and chemicals industries;
- Proficiency in relief valve sizing and flare system design;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Aspen/Hysys or other comparable process simulation software, and Adobe Acrobat;
- Proficiency in writing and speaking English;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
Must be able to travel outside of the greater Houston area 20% of the year. Most travel will be 3-4 days in duration; however, circumstances will include two week lengths as well.
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Base salary (negotiable);
- Medical benefits and monthly wellness allowance;
- Simple IRA savings plan;
- Paid volunteer time;
- 9-80 work schedule.
The Cognascents Consulting Group, Inc. is a risk management and business consulting company based in Houston, Texas. We help people and organizations in the energy and chemical industries achieve competitive sustainability through customer-focused risk management and business solutions that leverage our rare combination of technical problem solving skills and sharp business acumen.
Our risk management solutions include process safety management systems auditing, HAZOP and LOPA facilitation, process safety information generation, process safety action resolution, process engineering, relief system and flare header analysis, SEMS/SEMP program development, and SEMS/SEMP program auditing.
Our business solutions include strategy consulting, growth consulting, performance metrics monitoring solutions, leadership development, competitive sustainability analysis, work process analysis and development, and change management consulting.