Cognascents is seeking a Process Safety Engineer — HAZOP/LOPA facilitator for full-time employment. The position will be based out of Houston, Texas.
Essential Job Function:
- Be client-facing, having a proven record of building and maintaining positive and professional client relationships
- Prepare, facilitate, scribe, and write reports for the PHA (HAZOP, What-if, FMEA, HAZID)
- Select the PHA methodology based on complexity of the process and hazards involved
- Ensure the PHA scenarios, consequences, safeguards, and recommendations are complete and correctly identified and captured in the PHA software
- Assist with process safety and risk management consulting
- Produce technical reports
- Read and interpret Process and Mechanical Drawings, Cause and Effect Charts, SAFE Charts, Instrument Diagrams, etc.
- Understand and comply with all Cognascents and client safety procedures that govern the work being performed
Knowledge and Experience:
- 7 + years of process/process safety engineering experience in the upstream, downstream or chemical industry
- Polished oral and written communication skills
- Technical competence and creative problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
Travel requirements vary throughout the year, but no more than 25% travel is anticipated.
The Cognascents Consulting Group, Inc. is a risk management and business consulting company based in Houston, Texas. We help people and organizations in the energy and chemical industries achieve competitive sustainability through customer-focused risk management and business solutions that leverage our rare combination of technical problem solving skills and sharp business acumen.
Our risk management solutions include process safety management systems auditing, HAZOP and LOPA facilitation, process safety information generation, process safety action resolution, process engineering, relief system and flare header analysis, SEMS/SEMP program development, and SEMS/SEMP program auditing.
Our business solutions include strategy consulting, growth consulting, performance metrics monitoring solutions, leadership development, competitive sustainability analysis, work process analysis and development, and change management consulting.