Cognascents is seeking a Process Safety Engineer for full-time employment. The position will be based out of Houston, Texas.
Essential Job Function:
- Be client-facing, having a proven record of building and maintaining positive and professional client relationships
- Process simulation-steady state or dynamic, for oil and gas, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries, using Aspen Plus, HYSYS, etc.
- Integrate process simulation with pressure relief design and P&IDs
- Pressure relief and flare header design and analysis-design of new pressure relief systems and/or resolve existing pressure relief system inadequacies
- Prepare, scribe, and write reports for Process Hazard Analysis (HAZOP, LOPA, What-if, FMEA, HAZID)
- Apply Inherently Safer (IS) design principles to reduce existing or projected hazards
- Process Safety Management (PSM) program optimization, consistent with OSHA 1910.119
- PFD and P&ID development and reconciliation
- Piping design and/or 3D modeling
- Deliver models to simulate processes, perform quick flash calculations, and optimize unit operation performance
- Read and interpret Process and Mechanical Drawings, Cause and Effect Charts, SAFE Charts, Instrument Diagrams, etc.
- Understand and comply with all Cognascents and client safety procedures that govern the work being performed
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2-3 years of process operations experience in the upstream, downstream, or chemical industry
- Polished oral and written communication skills
- Technical competence and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
Travel requirements vary throughout the year, but no more than 15% travel is anticipated.
Cognascents is an established multi-disciplinary engineering organization with expertise across the energy and chemical spectrums.
For over a decade, we have provided process engineering, process safety, risk management, asset integrity, and technical business solutions. We work with leading organizations by perpetually seeking ways to address their technical challenges and leveraging our deep functional and industry expertise. We offer insight, share perspective, and engage in ongoing dialogue to advance our industry and give back to our community.
At Cognascents, we believe that authentic awareness and relentless achievement are cardinal to the pursuit of integrity, balance, and transcendence. We pledge unwavering loyalty to our employees, clients, and community and strive for the greatest familial, patriotic, societal, and environmental relevance.