Cognascents is looking for senior corrosion engineers responsible for managing, coordinating, developing, reviewing, and executing the corrosion integrity related work tasks related to integrity and reliability programs for oil and gas, petrochemical equipment upstream, at facilities, and offshore assets. This position utilizes strong communication and leadership skills as the role will require leading and facilitating multiple personnel within the multidisciplinary execution team and the customer personnel related to the safe and reliable operation of the equipment.
Essential Job Function:
- Lead corrosion studies / damage mechanism reviews and assessments for equipment and processes.
- Create, update, and manage Corrosion Control Documents for processing units.
- Identify damage mechanisms and recommend inspection techniques and mitigation strategies to effectively manage these mechanisms.
- Create Integrity Operating Windows utilizing industry guidelines and available research for processing systems and units.
- Review inspection, operation, and maintenance history for equipment and processing facilities and identify damage mechanisms and mitigation strategies for these mechanisms.
- Support and participate in data gathering, analysis, and execution of integrity programs.
- Utilize the latest asset integrity software to execute projects, facilitate the corrosion related tasks, and to support with documenting integrity and corrosion findings.
- Work with customers to provide corrosion mitigation strategies and practices to ensure proper corrosion management within processing systems and units.
- Work with team members to execute integrity tasks.
- Actively contribute and participate in industry meetings and professional events.
- Keep up to date with a working knowledge of industry standards (API, NACE, ASME, and related).
- Support and execute fitness for service assessments.
- Perform risk assessments based on available information.
- Manage client interface and lead client facing meetings.
- Perform data gathering and field capture of information necessary to the successful completion of the assessments when necessary.
- Support other team members and engineering personnel with specific project tasks.
- Lead project execution, through excellent project management skills and communication.
- Facilitate communication between the project team, subcontractors, and customers to ensure the successful delivery of project tasks.
- Mentor colleagues and ensure cross training and collaboration within the organization.
- B.S. in Materials, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent from accredited university, Masters or PhD preferred
- 7+ Years of related corrosion engineering experience
- Asset Integrity software working knowledge experience
- Proficiency in inspection, integrity engineering, process and pressure equipment design, and related engineering topics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Solid Works or other comparable process simulation software, and Adobe Acrobat
- Data analytics and computational analytics experience is a plus
- Proficiency in writing and speaking English
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Able to work within the United States
Must be able to travel outside of the greater Houston area 20% of the year. Most travel will be 3-4 days in duration; however, circumstances will include two week lengths as well.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary (negotiable);
- Medical benefits and monthly wellness allowance;
- Simple IRA savings plan;
- Paid volunteer time;
- 9-80 work schedule.
The Cognascents Consulting Group, Inc. is a risk management and business consulting company based in Houston, Texas. We help people and organizations in the energy and chemical industries achieve competitive sustainability through customer-focused risk management and business solutions that leverage our rare combination of technical problem solving skills and sharp business acumen.