Cognascents is seeking a Summer 2020 Project Engineer Intern/Co-op. The position will be based out of Houston, Texas.
Essential Job Function:
- Pressure relief and flare header design and analysis-design of new pressure relief systems and/or resolve existing pressure relief system inadequacies;
- PFD and P&ID development and reconciliation;
- Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) delivery with facilitator at plant and engineering design.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate Chemical Engineering degree from accredited college or university;
- Candidates at sophomore or higher level are preferred;
- Candidates with 3.5 GPA or better will be given priority consideration;
- Candidates should be local and live in Greater Houston area;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat;
- Strong typing skills (60+ wpm);
- Proficiency in writing and speaking English;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate depending on level of education completed, major, and relevant work experience;
- 9-80 work schedule.
The Cognascents Consulting Group, Inc. is a risk management and business consulting company based in Houston, Texas. We help people and organizations in the energy and chemical industries achieve competitive sustainability through customer-focused risk management and business solutions that leverage our rare combination of technical problem solving skills and sharp business acumen.