Cognascents is seeking a Technical Assistant for part-time employment. The ideal candidate would be experienced in PHAs. The position will be based out of Houston, Texas.
Essential Job Function:
The Technical Assistant will be required to read technical and engineering drawings. The following additional tasks may be required:
- Be client-facing, having a proven record of building and maintaining positive and professional client relationships;
- Read and interpret process and mechanical drawings, Cause and Effect charts, SAFE charts, Instrument diagrams, etc.;
- Mark-up P&IDs based on as-built details;
- Prepare, scribe, and write reports for Process Hazard Analysis (HAZOP, LOPA, What-if, FMEA, HAZID);
- Knowledge of data management using MS Office products; and
- Additional tasks may include: document control and general technical assistance.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2-3 years of PHA scribing experience in the upstream, downstream, or chemical industry;
- High school diploma;
- Polished oral and written communication skills;
- Technical competence and creative problem-solving skills; and
- Strong attention to detail.
Travel requirements vary throughout the year, but no more than 30% travel is anticipated.
Cognascents is an established multi-disciplinary engineering organization with expertise across the energy and chemical spectrums.
For over a decade, we have provided process engineering, process safety, risk management, asset integrity, and technical business solutions. We work with leading organizations by perpetually seeking ways to address their technical challenges and leveraging our deep functional and industry expertise. We offer insight, share perspective, and engage in ongoing dialogue to advance our industry and give back to our community.
At Cognascents, we believe that authentic awareness and relentless achievement are cardinal to the pursuit of integrity, balance, and transcendence. We pledge unwavering loyalty to our employees, clients, and community and strive for the greatest familial, patriotic, societal, and environmental relevance.