Join the Cognascents Team
Cognascents is looking for a Process Engineer. A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience is expected for this role. An engineering degree is preferred. Individuals without an engineering degree will be considered and evaluated based on their work experience.
Who You’ll Work With:
You will work with a strong team of process engineers to provide relief systems and process safety services. The work will have to follow industry standards and best practices. As a member of the Relief Systems Team, you will be working in a culture of collaboration to deliver results for our clients – while having multiple opportunities to learn and grow.
At Cognascents we believe in people with strong integrity, competence, and are loyal to our customers, coworkers, families, and communities.
Essential Job Functions:
The Process Engineer will be required to read technical and engineering drawings. Here are some of the tasks that may need to be carried out by the engineer:
- Pressure relief and flare header design and analysis – design of new pressure relief systems and/or resolve existing pressure relief system inadequacies;
- Process simulation – steady state or dynamic, for oil and gas, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries, using Aspen Plus®, HYSYS, Symmetry, Pro/II, etc.;
- PFD and P&ID development and reconciliation;
- Integrate process simulation with pressure relief design and P&IDs;
- Read and interpret P&IDs, equipment datasheets, Cause and Effect charts, SAFE charts, Instrument diagrams, etc.;
- Prepare, scribe, and write reports for Process Hazard Analysis (HAZOP, LOPA, What-if, FMEA, HAZID);
- Manage data using MS Office products with strong typing skills; and
- Understand and comply with all Cognascents and client safety procedures that govern the work being performed.
Knowledge and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum of two (2) years of process engineering or process safety engineering experience in any combination of the upstream, downstream, LNG, and specialty chemicals industries;
- Proficiency in relief valve and flare system design;
- Proficiency in 3rd party process simulators and relief system management tools;
- Polished oral and written communication skills;
- Technical competence and creative problem-solving skills; and
- Strong attention to detail.
Travel requirements vary throughout the year, but no more than 25% of travel is anticipated.
- Competitive base salary
- Medical benefits
- Simple IRA savings plan
- Paid volunteer time
- 9-80 work schedule
Cognascents is an established multi-disciplinary engineering organization with expertise across the energy and chemical spectrums.
For over a decade, we have provided process engineering, process safety, reliability, asset integrity, and technical business solutions. We work with leading organizations by perpetually seeking ways to address their technical challenges and leveraging our deep functional and industry expertise. We offer insight, share perspectives, and engage in ongoing dialogue to advance our industry and give back to our community.
If this sounds like an opportunity of interest to you or someone you know, please apply or send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.