What is Process Engineering Design?
Process Engineering design is a series of phases in which engineers create processes or projects. Often, the design phase is iterative, in which processes are restarted or reworked in order to function properly. Cognascents can come in at any stage of the following five stages of process engineering design:
- Conceptual: the first phase in design in which a solid foundation is built. This stage provides a description of the proposed project. Drawings and/or models are created during this phase.
- Front End Engineering Design (FEED): this stage focuses on the technical requirements of the design, as well a rough investment cost. Oftentimes, this phase will reflect most of the clients’ specific requirements.
- Detailed: this phase provides the full definition of every aspect of the project’s development. It includes all studies to be performed before the actual project construction begins. This is the stage where plans, specifications and estimates are created and finalized.
- Construction: the physical implementation of the project.
- Commissioning: the final phase in engineering design. Systems and equipment become functional and the project is brought to actual, full operation.
With our extensive knowledge and experience, our engineers can step in to a project at any phase. Not only have we managed complete designs from start to finish, we have walked into jobs during the commissioning phase and worked tirelessly to completion. We are flexible and thorough. It is quite common to design and test a project, only to find error. We can identify issues, rethink solutions, and ultimately, leave your company with a fully functioning process engineering design that works for you.
Why work with Cognascents?
Cognascents is a process engineering company with engineers with multidisciplined experience across the oil, gas and chemical industries. Our process engineers can be brought in at any stage of process design – conceptual, FEED, detailed, construction and commissioning.